Toasty Toasty

My, how you've come far. You're really coming into yourself. The Gerkinman... he awakens. Your transition to the truck was flawless. Really dug the old spumco-y detail shot of the toaster too. The slimey and sharp colour gradations radiating outwards were spot on. So happy to see you're this good.

Gerkinman responds:

I have much better and longer stuff on the way, loopdeloop is always just a chance to experiment.

Halt You Hoarders! Halt You Hoarders!

First of all, horray for Dan Elfman and Co.

Secondly, what a wonderfully floppy piece of animation. I've a sucker for the heavy anticipation type stuff. Love seeing things with loads of weight in their movements.

I didn't read your comment at first, and was very pleased to find out that my interpretation of consumerism matched your intent. A well delivered message, particularly because it wasn't all to heavy-handed, which I appreciate.

Something I'd work on is probably tightening up the volumes of your characters. Some shifting is good, I think, but at times some of the furniture got just a little too bent out of shape for my taste, and I ended up being distracted from the fram as a whole. I'd also suggest trying to push the boundaries of your comfort zone with regards to composition. You struck a nice balance in the drame, but I'd like to see some more dynamic staging. Experiment a little with bringing things more into the foreground. As it is now, your depth of field was pretty shallow and could definitely become a lot more interesting if you explored the space of your set pieces.

All in all, a wonderful effort, and again; Oingo Boingo is a splendid refresher and blast from the past. I'm always glad to see them get some props.

FRUIT FRUIT

Wonderful.

Every year, as the hands of the clock (LOL!) tick round to the good ol' Clock Day sessions, I grumble and moan about how lackluster submissive attempts to win cash will flood the portal, and the last few times I've been pleasantly reminded that we've got you around.

Thrice now you've dropped wonderfully creative and engaging submissions right in my lap. Imaginative and unerringly unique and, dare I say it, even profound. Simple in their method and presentation, that minimalistic approach has consistently belied a greater understanding of both the technical aspect of storytelling with animation, and our society as a whole.

Also, I will never, ever, get enough Tom Waits. Ever.

Well done, sir.

Munglai responds:

Blimey that's a big nice review. Thanks I really appreciate it.

Ultra Sheriff - Nemesis Ultra Sheriff - Nemesis

Absolute love.

This was a simple joy. Such execution as hasn't been seen on NG in a very long time. The animation was unerringly fluid and the visual style very cleverly suited the overall production. There were some very well staged moments that took full advantage of the space you provided yourself and nothing felt gratuitous or unnecessary.

I also quite enjoy the "Mickey Mousing" of setting the animation in direct timing to the music in some segments. Just a personal taste I've always had. Luis does the same thing very well.

I'll be looking forward to your future works, sir.

TBA - Time Trial #1 TBA - Time Trial #1

tba.org.net

lmao These were great. Bonus points go to Bug.

I laughed hard at all of them and hoopah for using my theme.

Psi43 responds:

lmao yeah, zeebmork had a great idea for the second theme already (;. Go check it out in the collab/animation forum on tba.

FC Tells Da Truth FC Tells Da Truth

I love that Santa design.

I move that Santa officially be portrayed in all media with the appearance he has in this.

Very lovely work, as always.

These Pancakes Are Tiny These Pancakes Are Tiny

Fucking great.

I want to marry this little thing. It is cute, hilarious, filled with fucks, and most importantly, well drawn and animated.

BUT! Why the fuck were the guy's elbows in their food? I found it unnerving and disturbing that their food magically resisted their elbows. THE FUCKING ELBOWS MAN!

le petit déjeuner le petit déjeuner

A forgotten masterpiece.

It's been a long time since I thought about you, and I was on AlanTheBox's page and saw September, which remains on of the funniest and most awesome videos on the site.

Then I saw this in your page and new I must watch it again. I was shocked to find I had not reviewed it. So, here is a review for you.

That blood, as he shakes his head and it squirts off, was so well animated that I rewatched the whole thing immediately after finish it so that I can examine the blood closer. Really good.

Zelda - Modernized Zelda - Modernized

Comedy.

I was actually one of the very few people I heard of who supported the concept of a Zelda story in some sort of distant future world. I mean, it'd take alot of creative genius and brainpower to pull it off, but what game doesn't? I just saw a potentially great departure and expansion upon the series there.

This thing had me shitting myself laughing. Nothing better than a sudden Luigi scream.

lenkobiscuit responds:

robot ganon was too awesome and could only be topped by having luigi screaming his lungs off ; )

Me Bill Me Bill

Lots of potential.

There is something very depressing about this, and it has nothing to do with the content. This was one of the most potentially amazing things to hit the portal this year. A stunning concept, design, and director's approach with some very very powerful music. So it's with alot of remorse that I say this, but you simply cannot draw or animate well, or if you can, you didn't here.

All the ideas and thoughts were there. The design work, the imagination. All right there. Seemingly though, you never learned how to proportion and lend weight and volume to your poses and characters. The only thing giving the drawings depth was the shading, when ever line should be making a convincing argument for a drawings existence in space. I will say this though, the "Doctor" was very well rendered in comparison to everything else. Rather than rely on processor heavy filters that don't even look that good in the first place, I'd recommend spending alot more time working on your line-sensitivity and variation to convey the characters.

Another thing was the animation. It was very lifeless. The frame-by-frame was watery and didn't convey any sense of muscles or anatomy at work in the characters. They just sort of morphed from pose to pose. Your tweens too were bland, and not well timed or spaced. It's almost always the case when tweens are used by amateurs, but you should always be cautious with them because after just a few frams a tween really reveals itself and becomes a distracting eyesore unless it is very well timed and dynamic. I think you should go ahead and try your hand at some really simple practice exercises getting a feel for weight. Gravity has got to exist, or if it doesn't you need to make it apparent and make a point of it.

Anyway, even as a brilliant and imaginative concept with a mediocre execution, this was a joy to watch, and I hope you'll only continue to practice and develop your skills so that your technical prowess can match your creative vision.